Saturday, March 22, 2014

I've been doing a little volunteer design work behind the scenes at Churchfield House, an historic building left to the people of Great Harwood. An army of volunteers (including my parents) formed the Churchfield Trust and are working extremely hard to bring this building into the 21st century and to keep the legacy for future generations. You can read all about the history via the website and a recent article in Lancashire Life magazine where my dad gets a little mention in the “Jack's job list”. Darn it that's my ‘Dad’s to do list‘ put on the back burner for a while! What would you do without your dad eh!
I love Historic buildings and have seen too many during my 48 years fall into decay and feel its so important that the next generation gets stuck in to help in any way they can. With so many people feeling the squeeze during the recession Churchfield House we feel is the perfect venue for a small wedding or function, the rooms are beauiful and there's such a welcoming ambiance that makes you feel so at home. Vintage weddings are so on trend so perfect for the DIY bride too, Downton Abbey on a small scale I'd say. Who wouldn't like to feel like Lady Mary for a day!
I've been working on the branding and given the logo a more contemporary look, signs and leaflets are being printed so things are coming together. I've some some internal signage to do which will be done letterpress so will be glad to use my new wood type. Plus something for the World War I exhibition which will be lovely to do!

If you live close you can follow events via facebook and twitter and their website
www.churchfieldhouse.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by, love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts with Thumbnails