Friday, September 02, 2011

Ouzo time

Friday night and looking through my holiday snaps drinking an Ouzo ;o) The view from my balcony every morning...
My last visit to the Greek Islands was over twenty years ago, so much has change! Little tavernas where you can find traditional food and drink are disappearing fast! I had to travel to a remote island to find a taste of yesterday plus a good reminder not to forget your sun cream ;)
One of my favourite places was Neratiza Castle in Kos Town where they had use parts of ancient buildings from the ruins of the ancient city mixed with local stone to build the castle. A bit like walking into a romanesque Greek garden centre. Wouldn't have minded a few bits and bobs for my garden ;)
I was fascinated with this purple plant...
Off to top my Ouzo up, more pics in my Flickr set if you care to join me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by, love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts with Thumbnails