Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Mid-century modern album covers

Images from aqua-velvet.com
Being a child born in the 60s (1965 actually!) analogue played an important part of my life I have a pile of vinyl that I keep for posterity and find myself rummaging through junk shops looking for inspiring cover art. Lately I find myself drawn to mid-century album covers, love the graphic simplicity and bright colours which you can see from my last post inspired my new print. (Photo on my to do list!)
These are just a few of my favourites from Aqua Velvet lots more to see here.
Jive Time Records also have a selection worth looking over at Project Thirty-Three. Any links to what inspires you please feel free to post in the comments I would love to see...

PS. I turned 46 in December and my oldest son turn 18 yesterday so any comments saying you didn't think I was that old are greatly appreciated in my hour of need ;-)

5 comments:

  1. This month I am mostly liking Erik Nitsche and Alexander Girard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks and very interesting! Had a quick look at Erik Nitsche as new to me, more investigating required as some lovely work!
    Thank you for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so inspiring. I totally didn't think you were old. I just think you're a rad letterpress printer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these record sleeves are.....fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you Tanya my friend ;D x
    Aren't they just Kate and hope to see you soon x

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by, love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts with Thumbnails