Wednesday, March 21, 2012

ALLOTMENT PROJECT

I recently had the pleasure of working with Source Creative to create a logo for Creativity Works  Allotment Project. The logo had to form a block that represented an aerial view of an allotment and I had so much fun printing the textures from my very worn wood type, plus the grains from the back of the blocks were just as exciting! Some had saw marks which were perfect for the project. My favourite design was the top pic, I used a mixed font of 20 line condensed which to me represents the use of mismatched and recycled bits and bobs that go into building an allotment.
It's amazing how one job leads to another and now thanks to Cath and Source Creative, I will be also taking part in the project...
Letterpress Taster Workshop - Accrington Market Hall
Tuesday  27 March 11am-3pm
Only 12 places available so book quick! More information here www.artsmap.org.uk 
Here's the final design created by Source which you read more about here

2 comments:

  1. A fantastic design Jacqui, I really love the way you have used blocks of text to reflect the little land parcels, and fab texture too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison, and seen as you do aerial land mapping I take that a big compliment ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by, love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts with Thumbnails